1.Mountain Film Poprad Foundation organises 31st International Festival of Mountain Films. The Festival takes place in Poprad, Slovakia, on October 11 – 15, 2023. The objective of the Festival is to present international production of mountain films and to encourage development in this field of film art.
2. A mountain film is a feature film, documentary film or any other audiovisual work set in the mountain environment, dealing with human activities in mountain environment or showing the beauty of mountain fauna and flora.
3. The Festival is open to all film makers: professionals, free-lancers or amateurs. Each com-petitor may enter a maximum of three productions. Entered productions may be presented at other festivals (year of production 2021 – 2023) in parallel.
4. The entered productions might be divided into the following categories:
b) Climbing and free climbing
c) Skiing and ski mountaineering
d) Life in mountains
e) Hiking, mountain tourism
f) Others: paragliding, mountain bikes, rafting, caving-
5. Submitted productions must comply with the requirements below:
Video files: mpeg2, mp4, mov, mxf, avi
Format: 2D, 3D (L and R files separately for 3D films)
Resolution: HD, Full HD, 2k, 4k
Audio: stereo, 5.1, 7.1
Frame rate: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 fps
6. Each production must be submitted in a separate file. SRT and/or ASS subtitle files are appreciated.
Films are screened in 16/9 widescreen format or Cinemascope during the Festival.
Film copies for pre-selection along with official Entry Form must arrive at the mail or email address below before July 31st, 2023.
Horský film Poprad, n.f.
Nábrežie Jána Pavla II. 2802/3
058 01 Poprad, Slovakia
tel.: +421 52 77 210 60
www.mfhf.sk, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Each production must be accompanied by:
a) entry form;
b) dialogue list in one of the following languages: English, Italian, French or German; produc-tions are screened in their original versions with Slovak subtitles or Slovak voice-over;
c) synopsis for Festival promotion material;
d) 3 photographs (format .jpg, .gif…) for Festival promotion material;
e) director’s CV,
f) film trailer.
8. A preselection committee appointed by the Festival Board will select the entries for competi-tion according to their quality and subject matters. The committee may decide to shift a pro-duction from competition section into a non-competition one.
9. Productions in the competition are judged by an International Jury appointed by the Festival Board. The jury’s decision is final. The jury members are not allowed to enter their own pro-ductions in the competition.
10. The following prizes may be awarded by the jury:
a/ Grand Prix of the Festival
b/ Awards of the Festival (left to Jury’s discretion)
c/ Public Choice Award
d/ Special prizes donated by public institutions, sports and other organisations,
Each production may be awarded more than one prize. Each production in the competition will be provided with a certificate of participation at the Festival.Winners of the IFMF Poprad competition will be announced at the award ceremony on Sunday, October 15, 2023. Awards will be send to the winners after the festival if they are not able to attend the cere-mony to receive their award.
11. Transport and insurance costs of a production from the country of origin to Poprad are cov-ered by the applicant. The cost of insurance of a film from the point of its receipt by the Fes-tival to the point of its handing over to the shipper is covered by the Festival.
12. The applicant hereby provides his/her consent to the Festival Board to show the whole film during the Festival and to use it for noncommercial purposes such as educational activities and post-festival screenings only after the festival.
13. The applicant hereby provides his/her consent to the Festival Board to show the film in ONLINE screening during the Festival. The Festival Board hereby asks the applicant’s posi-tion towards Geo-blocking of online screening.
14. The Festival Board covers accommodation and free entries to festival screenings for two days to one representative (film maker, producer, protagonist…) of each production ac-cepted in the competition part. Travelling expenses shall be covered by the representatives.
15. Any complaints or disputes that may arise will be resolved by the Festival Board whose de-cision is final.
16. The Slovak original of the regulations shall apply if any difficulties in interpretation of the present version arise.
17. By sending the Entry form and the film the applicant fully accepts the regulations of 31st IFMF Poprad, Slovakia.
18. By sending the Entry form the applicant provides his/her agreement to the processing and filing of the following personal data: name and surname, e-mail, telephone number. The personal data will be filed in the Festival’s database for purposes related exclusively to film screening.
This consent may be revoked in writing at any time.